I shouldn’t really be doing this, in fact it goes against everything we probably should be saying, but I just felt it was time to come clean…
As you will all no doubt know, we’re a small, family run business. However, shopping with us doesn’t come without its issues and I thought in the interest of being honest, I’d pen some thoughts on why you might NOT want to buy from a small company:
1. Large companies always stick to their working hours. Don’t you just hate those companies that stay open longer than they should do, just to get something finished for you, or help you out? Ugh.
2. Small companies want to do irritating things like smile, remember your name and thank you personally for your business. High five to remaining anonymous and being frowned at.
3. If you have any problems, you know that buying from a big company means you’re in safe hands. Sure, it’s never the same hands; you will always get through to a different person every time and have to explain the situation all over again and you will most definitely have to call at least 10 times before they do sort it out. But yea, they’ll almost certainly sort it out for you eventually.
4. Calling a UK based, local phone number is sometimes a bit of a chore. It’s often a much more pleasurable experience to just call a premium rate number and wait on hold for 20 minutes.
5. Big companies always reward long standing, loyal customers. Take your insurance company for instance, they would NEVER offer a better rate to someone who has just signed up, than to someone who has been a customer of theirs for 10 years.
6. If there’s one thing I hate, it’s people that want to help me out. You don’t have any of the rubbish with large businesses – they rarely take the time to listen or to really get to know what you’re looking for or what they can help with and personally, I much prefer being dealt with like that. Just stop trying to help me out, goddamn it.
7. I don’t know about you, but when I spend my money, I like to know that it’s not going to that friendly family down the road. Like these chirpy looking chumps…
Photo: Samie Lee Photography
Anything you’d add to the list? I’d love to know in the comments below.
Your comments make us happy!
Please note that all content, including text and images are copyright of Audenza, unless otherwise stated.
If you would like to use content from our site, then we’re very flattered to hear that, but please note its origins on your site or blog, provide a link back to us and kindly let us know where you have used our content.